Sunday, January 15

Why do i come on Stardoll?


I just did my english homework where i had to write about how modern english has got to how it is and what foreign languages influenced the english vocabulary and blah, blah, blah. I'm going a bit off subject here but, what i'm saying is that i'm in the mood for writing, so this is going to be a long post... Lets just get it started, shall we?

"I'm a 12 year old girl called Lara from rainy England... and i go on stardoll." 
I'm ashamed to say that to both people i know and people i meet. Why? I'm ashamed to tell them because no one i know goes on stardoll and i'm worried they'll think its.. babyish? Well, what would they know? They'd just type it into their internet tab and they are welcomed by a webpage that looks like this -

The first thought that comes to anyones head is "Crikey, whats this for? 8 year olds?"

They don't know that once your inside you discover a world of blogging, graphics and friends. I'm not exactly low on friends in the real world, but i wouldn't say i was thriving either. I would of left stardoll by now if i hadn't discovered blogging and graphics. I enjoy making graphics, i enjoy blogging and i enjoy reading blogs. Nobody who just looked at the homepage would understand the reasons i come back for more everyday, only people who have an account would. 

Its unhealthy for me to be on stardoll so often, i suppose i have a mild addiction. Next year I'm choosing my options, I have to work hard at school now and so stardoll is stopping me, but i can't leave. I love being on stardoll and blogging and so on.

Lets rewind to where it started. I was a young girl (about 7 or 8 i suppose..) and i was bored and i came across stardoll, i played on it for a while, i went on it a couple of times, it was nothing special. Then again in the start of 2010, i was bored. It was a sunday and i was doing nothing. I came across stardoll again and remembered it from when i was younger. I decided i would go on it.. Opps, one problem. I'd forgotten my passoword. I created a new account and went on it another few times. Then i gradually stopped. Once again, i came across it in late 2010. I became hooked. I went on it almost everyday, and my doll and suite was actually not to bad for someone who had never been a superstar, if i do say so myself. Other people said it to though. 
Me in the past as a non-superstar... :L

My old non-superstar style (taken in the same room
 as my last picture in this post as its a recreation of my style)

Then i discovered blogging. I created a blogger account and commented on a few blogs. Eventually, i became superstar by paying for it out of my own phone credit. My parents would never pay for it. I became superstar a couple of times actually.
Me in my early superstar days. EXTREMELY tanned skin,
 "oooh" mouth and tons of black eye make-up.

Again, me in my early superstar days. I've still got that tanned skin.
 This was before the picture above actually as that liquid eyeliner was the only
 make-up i owned so i wore it a lot. It looked terrible, i must say.

 I wanted to write for a blog. I snapped up a job at special blog for stardoll, then here, at saloon stardoll. I kept going on it and well... here i am. I didn't join stardoll because i lacked in social status, i have friends, quite a few actually. I was simply bored when i joined. Stardoll is what i do in my spare time, a hobby almost, that is a secret to everyone that knows me (apart from my family who get annoyed with me constantly being on it). I'd like to say stardoll changed my life, as a way to end this post dramatically. It didn't though. I get a few perks like blogging and improving at drawing and so on. It also sucks away my time, i spend hours in my bedroom blogging, *sigh*. I've also been on stardoll instead of doing my homework which is a bit annoying since i then have to do it in school, but y'know what its like. 

This, is me now. 


Everyone goes on stardoll for a reason, everything above is my reason. A long reason, yes, but a valid reason all the same.

~LolLara123~
Telling it how it is


5 comments:

  1. I'm fourteen and still on Stardoll and quite honestly, not embarrassed by it at all. I go on Stardoll because I've made good friends, worked hard on my account and enjoy the vibe that I can dress my doll how I like. Okay yeah there's lots of famewhores, scammers/hackers and generally annoying people and oh boy has Stardoll changed from what it used to be but I don't think *touch wood* I'll be leaving the dollywood community anytime soon ;]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not embarrassed by stardoll, just peoples first impressions of stardoll. The first thing they would see would be the babyish homepage. Once i'd told them that inside there is a whole new community just waiting for you to express your opinion, i wouldn't be embarrassed. :)

      Delete
  2. oh my god! Exatcley put right ! Alll my friends find it funny & babyish that I'm still on here it's embaressing & if it wasn't for blogs & graphics I would be long gone x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, its just that they haven't been on stardoll and they know nothing about it! Before i check stardoll, i check the blogs. I'm more interested in the blogs and graphics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete